About Me

My photo
I believe there are only two types of people in the world - the watchers and the doers. Oh, and those that think they are one, but are really the other.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Riding The Waves Of Despondency

It is a rather sad fact of life that depression hits everyone - some more often than others admittedly. Without the occasional reality check, majority of us would have remained inane idiots incapable of controlling our emotions.

I have made no secret of my tendency to spiral inwards. What makes it difficult to accept is that I do not always have a reason. Perhaps it will forever be the cross I'm destined to bear. Perhaps it makes me more human, perhaps less so. I do not understand it nor can ever accept it fully, but have definitely learned to live with it, however painful.

Now one thing must be made absolutely clear: I do not for one moment believe that it is solely my singular predicament - this is precicely my point. We all are sufferers in some degree. And the only credible medicine for this illness of the soul is real love of another human being, but do I really need to state that?

No comments: